Hey everyone,
I am still alive out here, everything is considerably better for the moment. Kris got here last night and we decided to stay in the hostel rather than inconvenience his friends. Previously I was staying in a 6 bed girls room but I checked out on the assumption that Kris and I might try his friends, but rechecked into the same hostel. We ended up getting two bunks in the 30 bed dorm hall.
It's crazy! It's a huge room with 30 bunk beds. It smells very weird and moldy. I climbed into my top bunk last night to put the sheets on and found an empty can of Barbasol (this is Barbasol) and a lighter crammed next to the wall. This morning I woke up and saw a used q-tip stuck in a crevice of a bunk. Kris has wet boxer briefs and socks draped over his bunk ladder. That smell I mentioned? I think it can be identified as the smell of weird euro traveler guys.
I spent the past three days in Santa Monica because the bus line goes straight there from the hostel. It's only 75 cents each way! The buses are punctual too. Oh so different from D-town.
Tomorrow morning I leave the hostel and move into the apartment...then I will post some pictures of the place and from the week! Also on the agenda tomorrow is a finally (but probably not really final) attempt to get my security deposit back from the trash jerk ghetto town place. If I don't get the deposit back, I am going to demand a key for the place anyway because I've paid for 2 months rent! So if anyone wants a weird random studio in a slum for some strange unknown operation, contact me.
OH! Funny story for those who have first hand experience with my sleep apnea. When I was staying in the girls dorm, I had a top bunk with an angled ceiling directly above me. My Dutch roommate was directly below me. The other day when I went to get coffee with her, she said she could not sleep until about 4:30am because one of the Italian girls in the room was snoring so loud. She said she was snoring like a man. I asked her if she was sure it was one of them and she said she was sure because it sounded like it was coming from the other side of the room. I'm sure you can figure out how a slanted ceiling saved me from embarrassment..
No comments:
Post a Comment