Monday, August 10, 2009

Post T(h)ree

I wish I could update this thing more often but I don't have internet at my apartment yet. I was hoping to make friends with someone so I could split the wireless bill but no one is ever outside...

Anyway, I moved in Thursday and there was a free bed from another apt. Kris and I spent the past few days shopping for food, sheets, and other neccessities. We also bought bikes and a bike rack! Tomorrow morning we leave for our big San Francisco road trip too!!

Yesterday we went to Malibu after our shopping and while driving down highway 1 we spotted dolphins! Kris' brother said sometimes they come up to you if you are in the water.

Today we went to Zuma beach and played in the waves. The water is extremely cold but once you get in it doesn't feel that bad. It's probably because your body gets numb. We are actually sitting at a starbucks right now.

Another cool thing about this place is the wildlife. We saw/heard a flock of blue crowned conures being chased by a hawk. What is special about this is these kind of birds are pet birds that have escaped and started their own colonies. I can't wait to go to San Fran because there are TONS of these and other conures all over the place. People actually try to kill them because they are so noisy and destructive.

People are probably curious about that whole school thing too. About that: I decided to do Controls and specialize in Robotics. Oh man, the robotics program is so awesome here. I'm taking three courses: Linear Algebra (easy), Linear Controls (easy), and Robotic Sensing and Planning (hard). I need to take the two easy ones because I don't remember anything from undergrad.

Oh and for those who are looking for my address, it's going to have to wait because I don't have a key to my mailbox yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment